- 1 large eggplant
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin,
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat a traditional oven or a grill up to 400C. Half the eggplant length-wise, sprinkle with olive oil and put in a baking dish or a grill rack with the cut side down.
2. Roast for 30 minutes till the skin gets charred. I love the taste of roasted garlic so I put 3 garlic cloves in a foil and let it roast for 10-15 minutes as well.
4. Cool the eggplant and garlic. Peel the skin off the eggplant.
5. Put the eggplant, roasted garlic, tahini, lemon juice in a food processor and mix well until creamy.
6. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add salt, spices, 1 clove raw minced garlic. I’m a fan of spicy foods so I add a teaspoon of asian red chili paste. Mix well, sprinkle with parsley, put in a fridge to cool off and flavours develop.
7. Serve with pita bread or on the side of a main dish.