Superbowl 2015 has recently passed. There are a few quint-essential recipes that are associated with watching the game, Buffalo chicken wings included. I love the pungent flavour of the Buffalo dressing, spiked with vinegar, but have always wanted to try a vegetarian option. After searching a bit, I found this recipe of the Cauliflower Buffalo Bites on by the SaucySoutherner.
I simplified the preparation: so this recipe of the “Buffalo”-style Cauliflower Bites is easy and fast. You can have this guilt-free and light recipe ready in under 30 minutes, including the prep time!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tbsp hot chili sauce / Sriracha / Frank’s Hot sauce , etc
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Panko crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Separate the cauliflower head into bite-sized florets. Place the florets in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter, hot sauce, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the cauliflower and mix well so the florets are covered with sauce evenly.
- Pour the crumbs over the cauliflower and mix well. Most of the crumbs will adhere to the florets.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.