Hands-down, this is one of my all time favourites! The flavors blend together perfectly for a wonderfully tasty dish that goes well as a side dish to any meat.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1cup orzo
- 14.5 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to shallow bowl. Garnish with basil sprigs.