This beautiful terrine takes some time to put together and then some more, but the result is absolutely stunning in its presentation and taste!
Time: 10+ hours
Difficulty level: medium
- 2 eggplants, sliced length-wise, 0.5 cm thick
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 300g feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- bay leaf
- 1 juiced lemon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190C / 375F.
- In a bowl mix vegetable oil, garlic, bay leaf, lemon juice, salt, pepper & eggplant quarters. Mix gently.
- Arrange vegetables in a layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake till tender, 20-30min.
- Once cooled, remove the skin from the peppers.
- Spread the bottom of a shallow bowl with plastic wrap so that the wrap hangs over the edges of the bowl.
- Arrange the eggplants spreading from the centre so that half of each slice hangs over the bowl and each slice goes over the following slice by 1cm.
- Place a slice of red and yellow pepper at the bottom centre of the bowl.
- Layer the cheese and pepper slices.
- Fold over the plastic wrap so the veggie slices lay over each other. Pierce the wrap in a couple of places. Place a water-filled pan on top of the bowl and place a dish under the bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 hours.
Original recipe Edimdoma.ru