After the recent trip to Turkey, I have been so taken with the wonders of the Turkish cuisine – it is so diverse and plentiful! The flavours and variety of meze dishes were so amazing that I really wanted to keep a few recipes from this country. This dip comes from Binnur Turkish Cookbook (http://turkishcookbook.com/) and it super easy to make (especially if you are using a processor to grate zucchini.
- 2 medium sized zucchini, finely grated
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crumbled
- 1 slice of bread, crumbled (French or Italian style)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed with salt
Red Pepper Sauce:
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red pepper (paprika)
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Saute the zucchini with 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan until all the water evaporates. Let it cool down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss. Place on a service plate.
- To make the sauce, heat up the olive oil in a small pan, add the red pepper in it and turn the heat off. Don’t burn the pepper! Pour all over the zucchini and serve with toasted French baton bread or toasted pide slices.